Search Result for "low-set":
1. short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature;
- Example: "some people seem born to be square and chunky"
- Example: "a dumpy little dumpling of a woman"
- Example: "dachshunds are long lowset dogs with drooping ears"
- Example: "a little church with a squat tower"
- Example: "a squatty red smokestack"
- Example: "a stumpy ungainly figure"
[syn: chunky, dumpy, low-set, squat, squatty, stumpy]
2. lower than average;
- Example: "lowset ears"
- Example: "a stocky low-set animal"
[syn: lowset, low-set]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
low-set \low-set\ adj. short and thick; especially having short legs and heavy musculature; -- of people. Syn: chunky, dumpy, squat, squatty, stubby, stumpy, stocky. [WordNet 1.5]