Search Result for "chunky":
1. like or containing small sticky lumps;
- Example: "the dumplings were chunky pieces of uncooked dough"
[syn: chunky, lumpy]
2. short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature;
- Example: "some people seem born to be square and chunky"
- Example: "a dumpy little dumpling of a woman"
- Example: "dachshunds are long lowset dogs with drooping ears"
- Example: "a little church with a squat tower"
- Example: "a squatty red smokestack"
- Example: "a stumpy ungainly figure"
[syn: chunky, dumpy, low-set, squat, squatty, stumpy]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Chunky \Chunk"y\ (ch[u^][ng]k*[y^]), a. Short and thick. [U. S.] --Kane. [1913 Webster]U.S. Gazetteer (1990):
Chunky, MS (town, FIPS 13580) Location: 32.32706 N, 88.92966 W Population (1990): 292 (134 housing units) Area: 2.2 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water) Zip code(s): 39323Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
60 Moby Thesaurus words for "chunky": adipose, beefy, big-bellied, bloated, blocky, blowzy, bosomy, brawny, burly, buxom, chubby, corpulent, distended, dumpy, fat, fattish, fleshy, full, gross, heavyset, hefty, hippy, imposing, lusty, meaty, obese, overweight, paunchy, plump, podgy, portly, potbellied, pudgy, puffy, pug, pugged, pursy, retrousse, roly-poly, rotund, snub-nosed, squab, square, squat, squattish, squatty, stalwart, stocky, stout, strapping, stubbed, stubby, stumpy, swollen, thick-bodied, thickset, top-heavy, tubby, turned-up, well-fed