Search Result for "protrusion":
1. something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings;
- Example: "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"
- Example: "the hump of a camel"
- Example: "he stood on the rocky prominence"
- Example: "the occipital protuberance was well developed"
- Example: "the bony excrescence between its horns"
[syn: bulge, bump, hump, swelling, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence]
2. the act of projecting out from something;
[syn: protrusion, projection, jut, jutting]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Protrusion \Pro*tru"sion\, n. 1. The act of protruding or thrusting forward, or beyond the usual limit. [1913 Webster] 2. The state of being protruded, or thrust forward. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
29 Moby Thesaurus words for "protrusion": bas-relief, bellying, boldness, bulge, bulging, bump, embossment, eminence, excrescence, excrescency, extrusion, gibbosity, gibbousness, high relief, jut, knob, low relief, lump, projection, prominence, protuberance, protuberancy, relief, salience, salient, swelling, tuberosity, tuberousness, tumescence