Search Result for "tidy_sum":
1. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent;
- Example: "a batch of letters"
- Example: "a deal of trouble"
- Example: "a lot of money"
- Example: "he made a mint on the stock market"
- Example: "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"
- Example: "it must have cost plenty"
- Example: "a slew of journalists"
- Example: "a wad of money"
[syn: batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
76 Moby Thesaurus words for "tidy sum": a mass of, a world of, army, batch, bevy, bunch, cloud, clutter, considerable, covey, deal, flight, flock, flocks, gobs, good deal, good sum, great deal, hail, heap, heaps, heaps of gold, hive, host, jam, large amount, large sum, lashings, legion, loads, lot, lots, many, masses of, mess, millions, mint, mint of money, mob, muchness, multitude, nest, numbers, oodles, pack, peck, pile, piles, plurality, pot, potful, power of money, pretty penny, quantities, quite a few, quite a little, raft, rafts, rout, ruck, scads, scores, shoal, sight, slew, slews, spate, stack, stacks, swarm, thousands, throng, wad, wads, whole slew, worlds of