Search Result for "thirstiness":
1. a deficiency of moisture (especially when resulting from a permanent absence of rainfall);
[syn: aridity, aridness, thirstiness]
2. a physiological need to drink;
[syn: thirst, thirstiness]
3. strong desire for something (not food or drink);
- Example: "a thirst for knowledge"
- Example: "hunger for affection"
[syn: hunger, hungriness, thirst, thirstiness]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Thirstiness \Thirst"i*ness\, n. The state of being thirsty; thirst. [1913 Webster]