Search Result for "hungriness":
1. a physiological need for food; the consequence of food deprivation;
[syn: hunger, hungriness]
2. prolonged unfulfilled desire or need;
[syn: longing, yearning, hungriness]
3. strong desire for something (not food or drink);
- Example: "a thirst for knowledge"
- Example: "hunger for affection"
[syn: hunger, hungriness, thirst, thirstiness]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
hungriness \hungriness\ n. 1. The state of being hungry; a need for food. Syn: hunger. [WordNet 1.5] 2. An intense desire. [PJC]