Search Result for "soma":
1. leafless East Indian vine; its sour milky juice formerly used to make an intoxicating drink;
[syn: soma, haoma, Sarcostemma acidum]
2. personification of a sacred intoxicating drink used in Vedic ritual;
3. alternative names for the body of a human being;
- Example: "Leonardo studied the human body"
- Example: "he has a strong physique"
- Example: "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
[syn: human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Soma \So"ma\ (s[=o]"m[.a]), n. [NL., fr. Gr. sw^ma, sw`matos, the body.] (Anat.) The whole axial portion of an animal, including the head, neck, trunk, and tail. --B. G. Wilder. [1913 Webster] SomajMoby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
18 Moby Thesaurus words for "soma": anatomy, body, bones, carcass, clay, clod, corpus, figure, flesh, form, frame, hulk, material body, person, physical body, physique, torso, trunk