Search Result for "chassis":
1. alternative names for the body of a human being;
- Example: "Leonardo studied the human body"
- Example: "he has a strong physique"
- Example: "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
[syn: human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh]
2. a metal mounting for the circuit components of an electronic device;
3. the skeleton of a motor vehicle consisting of a steel frame supported on springs that holds the body and motor;
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Chassis \Chas"sis\, n. [F. ch[^a]ssis.] (Mil.) 1. A traversing base frame, or movable railway, along which the carriage of a barbette or casemate gun moves backward and forward. [See Gun carriage.] [1913 Webster] 2. The under part of an automobile or other motor vehicle, consisting of the frame (on which the body is mounted) with the wheels and machinery. [Webster 1913 Suppl. +PJC]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
51 Moby Thesaurus words for "chassis": backing, base, baseboard, basement, bearing, bushing, cabinet, cadre, case, casement, casing, console, dado, doorframe, fabric, foot, footing, foundation, frame, framework, framing, housing, infrastructure, keel, lattice, latticework, mopboard, mount, mounting, nadir, picture frame, radio, radio receiver, radio set, radio telescope, receiver, receiving set, sash, set, setting, shell, shoemold, skeleton, sole, toe, underframe, wainscot, window case, window frame, wireless, wireless set