Search Result for "raciness":
1. a strong odor or taste property;
- Example: "the pungency of mustard"
- Example: "the sulfurous bite of garlic"
- Example: "the sharpness of strange spices"
- Example: "the raciness of the wine"
[syn: pungency, bite, sharpness, raciness]
2. behavior or language bordering on indelicacy;
[syn: gaminess, raciness, ribaldry, spiciness]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Raciness \Ra"ci*ness\ (r[=a]"s[i^]*n[e^]s), n. The quality of being racy; peculiar and piquant flavor. [1913 Webster] The general characteristics of his [Cobbett's] style were perspicuity, unequaled and inimitable; . . . a purity always simple, and raciness often elegant. --London Times. [1913 Webster]