Search Result for "dark-skinned":
1. having skin rich in melanin pigments;
- Example: "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"
- Example: "dark-skinned peoples"
[syn: colored, coloured, dark, dark-skinned, non-white]
2. naturally having skin of a dark color;
- Example: "a dark-skinned beauty"
- Example: "gold earrings gleamed against her dusky cheeks"
- Example: "a smile on his swarthy face"
- Example: "`swart' is archaic"
[syn: dark-skinned, dusky, swart, swarthy]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
dark-skinned \dark-skinned\ adj. 1. same as colored. [Narrower terms: black (vs. white)] Syn: colored, coloured. [WordNet 1.5] 2. having a dark color; -- of skin color. Syn: dusky, swart, swarthy. [WordNet 1.5]