Search Result for "coloured":
1. having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination;
- Example: "colored crepe paper"
- Example: "the film was in color"
- Example: "amber-colored heads of grain"
[syn: colored, coloured, colorful]
2. favoring one person or side over another;
- Example: "a biased account of the trial"
- Example: "a decision that was partial to the defendant"
[syn: biased, colored, coloured, one-sided, slanted]
3. (used of color) artificially produced; not natural;
- Example: "a bleached blonde"
[syn: bleached, colored, coloured, dyed]
4. having skin rich in melanin pigments;
- Example: "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"
- Example: "dark-skinned peoples"
[syn: colored, coloured, dark, dark-skinned, non-white]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
coloured \coloured\ adj. same as colored. [Brit.] Syn: colored, in color(predicate), colorful. [WordNet 1.5]