Search Result for "crystallize":
1. cause to take on a definite and clear shape;
- Example: "He tried to crystallize his thoughts"
[syn: crystallize, crystallise, crystalise, crystalize]
2. make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear;
- Example: "Could you clarify these remarks?"
- Example: "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
[syn: clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate]
3. cause to form crystals or assume crystalline form;
- Example: "crystallize minerals"
[syn: crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise]
4. assume crystalline form; become crystallized;
[syn: crystallize, crystalize, crystalise, effloresce]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Crystallize \Crys"tal*lize\ (kr[i^]s"tal*l[imac]z), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Crystallized (-l[imac]zd); p. pr. & vb. n. Crystallizing.] [Cf. F. cristalliser. See Crystal.] To cause to form crystals, or to assume the crystalline form. [1913 Webster]The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
crystallize \crys"tal*lize\, v. i. To be converted into a crystal; to take on a crystalline form, through the action of crystallogenic or cohesive attraction; to precipitate from a solution in the form of crystals. [1913 Webster +PJC]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
30 Moby Thesaurus words for "crystallize": cake, candy, come together, concrete, condense, draw up, fall in, fall into line, fall into place, fall into rank, form, gather around, granulate, harden, lithify, petrify, place itself, rally round, range itself, set, shape up, solidify, take a set, take form, take its place, take order, take rank, take shape, thicken, turn to stone