Search Result for "add_up":
1. develop into;
- Example: "This idea will never amount to anything"
- Example: "nothing came of his grandiose plans"
[syn: come, add up, amount]
2. determine the sum of;
- Example: "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
[syn: total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up]
3. add up in number or quantity;
- Example: "The bills amounted to $2,000"
- Example: "The bill came to $2,000"
[syn: total, number, add up, come, amount]
4. be reasonable or logical or comprehensible;
[syn: make sense, add up]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
49 Moby Thesaurus words for "add up": add up to, aggregate, aggregate to, amount to, be OK, be correct, be just right, be right, cast up, cipher up, come, come to, comprise, compute, contain, count up, detail, figure up, foot up, inventory, itemize, mount up to, number, recap, recapitulate, recite, reckon up, reckon up to, recount, rehearse, relate, run into, run to, score up, sum, sum up, summarize, summate, tally, tally up, tot, tot up, tot up to, total, total up, tote, tote up, tote up to, unitize