Search Result for "whoosh":
1. the noise produced by the sudden rush of a fluid (a gas or liquid);
[syn: swoosh, whoosh]
1. move with a sibilant sound;
- Example: "He whooshed the doors open"
[syn: woosh, whoosh]
2. move with a whooshing sound;
[syn: hiss, whoosh]
3. gush or squirt out;
- Example: "Oil whooshed up when the drill hit the well"
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
54 Moby Thesaurus words for "whoosh": assibilate, assibilation, buzz, effervesce, effervescence, effervescing, fizz, fizzle, fizzling, frication, frictional rustling, hiss, hissing, hush, hushing, lisp, rhonchus, shush, shushing, sibilance, sibilate, sibilation, siffle, sigmatism, siss, sissing, sizz, sizzle, sizzling, sneeze, sneezing, sniff, sniffle, snore, snort, snuff, snuffle, spit, splutter, sputter, squash, squelch, squish, sternutation, stertor, swish, wheeze, whish, whisper, whistle, whistling, white noise, whiz, zip