Search Result for "wear_out":
1. exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress;
- Example: "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
[syn: tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue]
2. go to pieces;
- Example: "The lawn mower finally broke"
- Example: "The gears wore out"
- Example: "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
[syn: break, wear, wear out, bust, fall apart]
3. deteriorate through use or stress;
- Example: "The constant friction wore out the cloth"
[syn: wear, wear off, wear out, wear down, wear thin]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
66 Moby Thesaurus words for "wear out": ablate, abrade, beat, bugger, burden, burn out, crush one, debilitate, do in, do up, enervate, erode, exhaust, fag, fag out, fatigue, flag, flog, fray, frazzle, fret, harass, haunt, haunt the memory, hide, jade, knock out, knock up, larrup, lash, obsess, oppress, outwear, overfatigue, overstrain, overtire, overweary, poop, poop out, prey on, prostrate, rub off, scourge, stripe, tatter, thrash, tire, tire out, tire to death, tucker, use up, weaken, wear, wear away, wear down, wear off, wear on, wear ragged, wear upon one, weary, weather, weigh upon, weight down, whale, wilt, wind