Search Result for "unwrap":
1. remove the outer cover or wrapping of;
- Example: "Let's unwrap the gifts!"
- Example: "undo the parcel"
[syn: unwrap, undo]
2. make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret;
- Example: "The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"
- Example: "The actress won't reveal how old she is"
- Example: "bring out the truth"
- Example: "he broke the news to her"
- Example: "unwrap the evidence in the murder case"
[syn: unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Unwrap \Un*wrap"\, v. t. [1st pref. un- + wrap.] To open or undo, as what is wrapped or folded. --Chaucer. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
64 Moby Thesaurus words for "unwrap": bare, break the seal, bring to light, cast off, clear, deobstruct, develop, disclose, discover, dismask, doff, douse, draw the veil, drop, expose, free, impart, lay bare, lay open, let daylight in, let out, manifest, open, open up, patefy, put off, raise the curtain, remove, reveal, show, show up, slip out of, step out of, strip bare, take off, throw off, unblock, uncase, unclench, uncloak, unclog, unclutch, uncork, uncover, uncurtain, undo, undrape, unfold, unfoul, unfurl, unkennel, unlatch, unlock, unmask, unpack, unplug, unroll, unscreen, unseal, unsheathe, unshroud, unshut, unstop, unveil