Search Result for "unruffled":
1. free from emotional agitation or nervous tension;
- Example: "the waiters were unflurried and good natured"
- Example: "with contented mind and unruffled spirit"- Anthony Trollope
[syn: unflurried, unflustered, unperturbed, unruffled]
2. (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves;
- Example: "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"
- Example: "the quiet waters of a lagoon"
- Example: "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"
- Example: "a smooth channel crossing"
- Example: "scarcely a ripple on the still water"
- Example: "unruffled water"
[syn: placid, quiet, still, tranquil, smooth, unruffled]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Unruffled \Un*ruf"fled\, a. [Pref. un- not + ruffled.] Not ruffled or agitated; smooth; calm; tranquil; quiet. [1913 Webster] Calm and unruffled as a summer's sea. --Addison. [1913 Webster] UnruinateMoby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
109 Moby Thesaurus words for "unruffled": accordant, alike, at rest, automatic, balanced, calm, cloistered, collected, composed, consistent, consonant, constant, continuous, cool, correspondent, downy, dwindling, ebbing, equable, equal, even, even-tenored, flat, glabrate, glabrescent, glabrous, halcyon, homogeneous, hushed, immutable, impassive, imperturbable, invariable, isolated, leiotrichous, level, measured, mechanical, methodic, moldering, monolithic, nonchalant, of a piece, ordered, orderly, pacific, peaceable, peaceful, persistent, placid, plane, quiescent, quiet, regular, reposeful, reposing, restful, resting, robotlike, secluded, sequestered, sequestrated, sheltered, smooth, smooth-shaven, smooth-textured, stable, steadfast, steady, still, still as death, stillish, stilly, stoic, stolid, suave, subsiding, systematic, tranquil, unaffected, unagitated, unanimated, unbroken, unchangeable, unchanged, unchanging, undeviating, undifferentiated, undisturbed, undiversified, unexcited, unflappable, unflustered, uniform, unimpassioned, unimpressed, uninspired, unmoved, unperturbed, unrough, unroughened, unstirred, unstirring, unstruck, untouched, untroubled, unvaried, unvarying, waning