1. not married or related to the unmarried state;
- Example: "unmarried men and women"
- Example: "unmarried life"
- Example: "sex and the single girl"
- Example: "single parenthood"
- Example: "are you married or single?"
[syn: unmarried, single]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Unmarried \Unmarried\ See married.Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
29 Moby Thesaurus words for "unmarried": bachelor, bachelorlike, celibataire, celibate, free, husbandless, maiden, maidenly, misogamist, misogynist, monastic, monk, nun, old-maidish, priest, single, sole, spinster, spinsterish, spinsterlike, spinsterly, spouseless, unattached, uncommitted, unengaged, unwed, unwedded, virgin, virginal