Search Result for "unimaginative":
1. deficient in originality or creativity; lacking powers of invention;
- Example: "a sterile ideology lacking in originality"
- Example: "unimaginative development of a musical theme"
- Example: "uninspired writing"
[syn: sterile, unimaginative, uninspired, uninventive]
2. dealing only with concrete facts;
3. lacking spontaneity or originality or individuality;
- Example: "stereotyped phrases of condolence"
- Example: "even his profanity was unimaginative"
[syn: stereotyped, stereotypic, stereotypical, unimaginative]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Unimaginative \Unimaginative\ See imaginative.Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
68 Moby Thesaurus words for "unimaginative": Spartan, arid, ascetic, austere, bald, bare, barren, candid, common, commonplace, direct, dry, dull, earthbound, flat, frank, homely, homespun, humdrum, infecund, infertile, insipid, lean, literal, matter-of-fact, mundane, natural, neat, open, ordinary, pedestrian, plain, plain-speaking, plain-spoken, poetryless, prosaic, prose, prosing, prosy, pure, rustic, severe, simple, simple-speaking, sober, spare, staid, stark, stolid, straightforward, stuffy, tiresome, unadorned, unaffected, unembellished, unfanciful, unideal, unidealistic, unimpassioned, uninspired, uninventive, unoriginal, unpoetic, unpoetical, unromantic, unromanticized, unvarnished, vapid