Search Result for "unbalance":
1. a lack of balance or state of disequilibrium;
- Example: "a hormonal imbalance"
[syn: imbalance, instability, unbalance]
2. a state of mental disturbance and disorientation;
[syn: derangement, mental unsoundness, unbalance]
1. throw out of balance or equilibrium;
- Example: "The tax relief unbalanced the budget"
- Example: "The prima donna unbalances the smooth work in our department"
2. derange mentally, throw out of mental balance; make insane;
- Example: "The death of his parents unbalanced him"
[syn: unbalance, derange]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
90 Moby Thesaurus words for "unbalance": aberration, abnormality, alienation, asymmetry, brain damage, brainsickness, clouded mind, contrariety, craze, craziness, daftness, dement, dementedness, dementia, derange, derangement, difference, disbalance, disequilibrate, disequilibrium, disorientation, disparity, disproportion, distract, distraction, drive insane, drive mad, folie, frenzy, furor, heterogeneity, imbalance, inadequacy, inequality, inequity, injustice, insaneness, insanity, instability, insufficiency, irrationality, irregularity, loss of mind, loss of reason, lunacy, mad, madden, madness, make mad, mania, mental deficiency, mental derangement, mental disease, mental disorder, mental disturbance, mental illness, mental instability, mental sickness, mind overthrown, mindsickness, nonuniformity, oddness, odds, overbalance, pixilation, possession, psychopathy, queerness, rabidness, reasonlessness, send mad, senselessness, shatter, shattered mind, shortcoming, sick mind, sickness, skew, strangeness, throw off balance, unbalanced mind, unevenness, unfair discrimination, unhinge, unsaneness, unsound mind, unsoundness, unsoundness of mind, upset, witlessness