Search Result for "tweet":
1. a weak chirping sound as of a small bird;
1. make a weak, chirping sound;
- Example: "the small bird was tweeting in the tree"
[syn: tweet, twirp]
2. squeeze tightly between the fingers;
- Example: "He pinched her behind"
- Example: "She squeezed the bottle"
[syn: pinch, squeeze, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
45 Moby Thesaurus words for "tweet": cackle, call, carol, caw, chatter, cheep, chip, chipper, chirk, chirm, chirp, chirr, chirrup, chitter, chuck, clack, cluck, cock-a-doodle-doo, coo, croak, cronk, crow, cuckoo, drum, gabble, gaggle, gobble, guggle, honk, hoo, hoot, peep, pip, pipe, quack, roll, scold, sing, squawk, trill, tweedle, twit, twitter, warble, whistle