2. [syn: trier, attempter, essayer]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Trier \Tri"er\, n. [From Try.]
1. One who tries; one who makes experiments; one who examines
anything by a test or standard. --Boyle.
2. One who tries judicially.
3. (Law) A person appointed according to law to try
challenges of jurors; a trior. --Burrill.
4. That which tries or approves; a test. --Shak.
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
n 1: one (as a judge) who examines and settles a case
2: one who tries [syn: trier, attempter, essayer]