Search Result for "tiresome":
1. so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness;
- Example: "a boring evening with uninteresting people"
- Example: "the deadening effect of some routine tasks"
- Example: "a dull play"
- Example: "his competent but dull performance"
- Example: "a ho-hum speaker who couldn't capture their attention"
- Example: "what an irksome task the writing of long letters is"- Edmund Burke
- Example: "tedious days on the train"
- Example: "the tiresome chirping of a cricket"- Mark Twain
- Example: "other people's dreams are dreadfully wearisome"
[syn: boring, deadening, dull, ho-hum, irksome, slow, tedious, tiresome, wearisome]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Tiresome \Tire"some\, a. Fitted or tending to tire; exhausted; wearisome; fatiguing; tedious; as, a tiresome journey; a tiresome discourse. -- Tire"some*ly, adv. -- Tire"some*ness, n. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
88 Moby Thesaurus words for "tiresome": aggravating, annoying, bland, boresome, boring, bothering, bothersome, burdensome, common, commonplace, difficult, disagreeable, disturbing, draining, drudging, dull, exasperating, exhausting, fatiguesome, fatiguing, flat, galling, grueling, harassing, hard, humdrum, hypnotic, importunate, importune, insipid, irking, irksome, irritating, jading, killing, matter-of-fact, monotonous, mundane, onerous, oppressive, ordinary, pedestrian, pesky, pestering, pestiferous, pestilent, pestilential, plaguesome, plaguey, plaguing, plain, poetryless, prosaic, prosing, prosy, provoking, punishing, soporific, straining, stressful, stupefyingly boring, stuporific, teasing, tedious, tiring, toilsome, tormenting, troublesome, troubling, trying, unembellished, unidealistic, unimaginative, unimpassioned, uninteresting, unpleasant, unpoetic, unromantic, vapid, vexatious, vexing, weariful, wearing, wearisome, wearying, worrisome, worrying, yawny