1. being more concentrated than normally possible and therefore not in equilibrium
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
concentrated \concentrated\ adj.
1. Having a high density of (the indicated substance); as, a
narrow thread of concentrated ore.
Note: [Narrower terms: undiluted (vs. diluted)]
2. Gathered together or made less diffuse; as, their
concentrated efforts; his concentrated attention. Opposite
of distributed or diffused.
Note: [Narrower terms: bunched, bunchy, clustered;
centered, centred, centralized, focused;
undivided] [Also See: compact.]
3. Intense; in an extreme degree; -- of mental phenomena; as,
her concentrated passion held them at bay.
4. being the most concentrated solution possible at a given
temperature; unable to dissolve still more of a substance.
Opposite of dilute or unsaturated.
Note: [Narrower terms: supersaturated]
5. reduced to a stronger or more concentrated form; as,
concentrated sulfuric acid. Opposite of diluted.
6. characterized by intensity; especially when imposed from
without; -- of actions; as, concentrated study.
7. characterized by mental concentration.
[WordNet 1.5 +PJC]
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
adj 1: being more concentrated than normally possible and
therefore not in equilibrium
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
61 Moby Thesaurus words for "supersaturated":
allayed, bloated, bursting, choked, cloyed, congested, crammed,
crowded, disgusted, distended, drenched, engorged, fed-up,
filled to overflowing, full, full of, glutted, gorged, hyperemic,
in spate, jaded, jam-packed, jammed, overblown, overburdened,
overcharged, overfed, overflowing, overfraught, overfreighted,
overfull, overgorged, overladen, overloaded, oversaturated,
overstocked, overstuffed, oversupplied, overweighted, packed,
plethoric, ready to burst, replete, running over, sated, satiated,
satisfied, saturated, sick of, slaked, soaked, stuffed, stuffed up,
supercharged, surcharged, surfeited, swollen, tired of,
with a bellyful, with a snootful, with enough of