1. [syn: smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish]
2. an unexpected and amazing event;
- Example: "the stunner was what happened on Saturday"
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Stunner \Stun"ner\, n.
1. One who, or that which, stuns.
2. Something striking or amazing in quality; something of
extraordinary excellence. [Slang] --Thackeray.
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
n 1: a very attractive or seductive looking woman [syn:
smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher,
sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish]
2: an unexpected and amazing event; "the stunner was what
happened on Saturday"
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
49 Moby Thesaurus words for "stunner":
Miss America, amazement, astonishing thing, astonishment,
bathing beauty, beau ideal, beaut, beauty, beauty contest winner,
beauty queen, belle, bunny, charmer, cover girl, curiosity,
dazzler, dream, enchantress, exception, gazingstock, great beauty,
knockout, lady fair, looker, marvel, marvelment, miracle, model,
nonesuch, paragon, peach, phenomenon, pinup, pinup girl, prodigy,
pussycat, quite a thing, rarity, raving beauty, reigning beauty,
sensation, sex kitten, sight, slick chick, something else,
spectacle, wonder, wonderful thing, wonderment