1. [syn: straggler, strayer]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Straggler \Strag"gler\, n.
1. One who straggles, or departs from the direct or proper
course, or from the company to which he belongs; one who
falls behind the rest; one who rambles without any settled
2. A roving vagabond. --Shak.
3. Something that shoots, or spreads out, beyond the rest, or
too far; an exuberant growth.
Let thy hand supply the pruning knife,
And crop luxuriant stragglers. --Dryden.
4. Something that stands alone or by itself.
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
n 1: someone who strays or falls behind [syn: straggler,