Search Result for "sincerely":
1. with sincerity; without pretense;
- Example: "she praised him sincerely for his victory"
- Example: "was unfeignedly glad to see his old teacher"
- Example: "we are truly sorry for the inconvenience"
[syn: sincerely, unfeignedly, truly]
2. written formula for ending a letter;
[syn: sincerely, sincerely yours]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Sincerely \Sin*cere"ly\, adv. In a sincere manner. Specifically: (a) Purely; without alloy. --Milton. (b) Honestly; unfeignedly; without dissimulation; as, to speak one's mind sincerely; to love virtue sincerely. [1913 Webster]