Search Result for "self-satisfied":
1. marked by excessive complacency or self-satisfaction;
- Example: "a smug glow of self-congratulation"
[syn: smug, self-satisfied]
2. contented to a fault with oneself or one's actions;
- Example: "he had become complacent after years of success"
- Example: "his self-satisfied dignity"
[syn: complacent, self-satisfied, self-complacent]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Self-satisfied \Self`-sat"is*fied\, a. Satisfied with one's self or one's actions; self-complacent. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
29 Moby Thesaurus words for "self-satisfied": bovine, complacent, consequential, narcissan, narcissine, narcissistic, narcistic, overproud, overweening, self-admiring, self-approving, self-assuming, self-complacent, self-congratulating, self-congratulatory, self-content, self-contented, self-delighting, self-endeared, self-esteeming, self-gratulating, self-gratulatory, self-important, self-loving, self-respecting, self-sufficient, smug, vain, vainglorious