Search Result for "reddened":
1. (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion;
- Example: "crimson with fury"
- Example: "turned red from exertion"
- Example: "with puffy reddened eyes"
- Example: "red-faced and violent"
- Example: "flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment"
[syn: crimson, red, reddened, red-faced, flushed]
2. lighted with red light as if with flames;
- Example: "streets ablaze with lighted Christmas trees"
- Example: "the inflamed clouds at sunset"
- Example: "reddened faces around the campfire"
[syn: ablaze(p), inflamed, reddened]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Redden \Red"den\ (r?d"d'n), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reddened (-d'nd); p. pr. & vb. n. Reddening.] [From Red, a.] To make red or somewhat red; to give a red color to. [1913 Webster]