Search Result for "queasy":
1. causing or able to cause nausea;
- Example: "a nauseating smell"
- Example: "nauseous offal"
- Example: "a sickening stench"
[syn: nauseating, nauseous, noisome, queasy, loathsome, offensive, sickening, vile]
2. feeling nausea; feeling about to vomit;
[syn: nauseated, nauseous, queasy, sick, sickish]
3. causing or fraught with or showing anxiety;
- Example: "spent an anxious night waiting for the test results"
- Example: "cast anxious glances behind her"
- Example: "those nervous moments before takeoff"
- Example: "an unquiet mind"
[syn: anxious, nervous, queasy, uneasy, unquiet]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Queasy \Quea"sy\, a. [Icel. kweisa pain; cf. Norw. kveis sickness after a debauch.] 1. Sick at the stomach; affected with nausea; inclined to vomit; qualmish. [1913 Webster] 2. Fastidious; squeamish; delicate; easily disturbed; unsettled; ticklish. " A queasy question." --Shak. [1913 Webster] Some seek, when queasy conscience has its qualms. --Cowper. [1913 Webster]The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (17 December 2009):
QUEASY An early system on the IBM 701. [Listed in CACM 2(5):16 (May 1959)]. (1995-01-25)Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
46 Moby Thesaurus words for "queasy": airsick, apprehensive, barfy, bilious, carsick, difficult, discomfited, doubtable, doubtful, dubious, finical, finicking, finicky, finikin, fishy, fuss-budgety, fussy, groggy, hard to please, hesitant, ill, ill at ease, indecisive, nauseated, nauseous, nervous, open, pawky, pernickety, persnickety, precarious, pukish, puky, qualmish, qualmy, queer, seasick, shady, sick, squeamish, troubled, uncomfortable, uneasy, unsettled, woozy, worried