Search Result for "providentially":
1. in a fortunately providential manner;
- Example: "providentially the weather remained good"
2. in a providential manner; as determined by providence;
- Example: "his providentially destined role"
3. in a prudent manner;
- Example: "I had allotted my own bedroom for necking, prudently removing both the bed and the key, and taken both myself and my typewriter into my son's bedroom."
[syn: prudently, providentially]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Providential \Prov`i*den"tial\, a. [Cf. F. providentiel.] Effected by, or referable to, divine direction or superintendence; as, the providential contrivance of thing; a providential escape. -- Prov"i*den"tial*ly, adv. [1913 Webster]