Search Result for "panicked":
1. thrown into a state of intense fear or desperation;
- Example: "became panicky as the snow deepened"
- Example: "felt panicked before each exam"
- Example: "trying to keep back the panic-stricken crowd"
- Example: "the terrified horse bolted"
[syn: panicky, panicked, panic-stricken, panic-struck, terrified, frightened]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
49 Moby Thesaurus words for "panicked": all up with, beat, beaten, bested, confounded, defeated, discomfited, done for, done in, down, fallen, fixed, floored, hors de combat, in a panic, lambasted, lathered, licked, on the skids, outdone, overborne, overcome, overmastered, overmatched, overpowered, overridden, overthrown, overturned, overwhelmed, panic-prone, panic-stricken, panic-struck, panicky, put to rout, routed, ruined, scattered, settled, silenced, skinned, skinned alive, stampeded, trimmed, trounced, undone, upset, whelmed, whipped, worsted