1. [syn: indulgence, indulging, pampering, humoring]
1. gratifying tastes, appetites, or desires;
- Example: "pampering parents often have spoilt children"
- Example: "a very pampering cruise experience"
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Pamper \Pam"per\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pampered; p. pr. & vb.
n. Pampering.] [Cf. LG. pampen, slampampen, to live
luxuriously, pampe thick pap, and E. pap.]
1. To feed to the full; to feed luxuriously; to glut; as, to
pamper the body or the appetite. "A body . . . pampered
for corruption." --Dr. T. Dwight.
2. To gratify inordinately; to indulge to excess; as, to
pamper pride; to pamper the imagination. --South.