Search Result for "outing":
1. a journey taken for pleasure;
- Example: "many summer excursions to the shore"
- Example: "it was merely a pleasure trip"
- Example: "after cautious sashays into the field"
[syn: excursion, jaunt, outing, junket, pleasure trip, expedition, sashay]
2. a day devoted to an outdoor social gathering;
[syn: field day, outing, picnic]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Outing \Out"ing\, n. 1. The act of going out; an airing; an excursion; as, a summer outing. [1913 Webster] 2. A feast given by an apprentice when he is out of his time. [Prov. Eng.] --Halliwell. [1913 Webster]U.S. Gazetteer (1990):
Outing, MN Zip code(s): 56662Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
29 Moby Thesaurus words for "outing": campaign, circuit, course, excursion, expedition, grand tour, jaunt, journey, junket, package tour, peregrination, pilgrimage, pleasure trip, progress, ride, round trip, roundabout, rubberneck tour, run, safari, sally, shoot, spin, stalk, tour, trek, trip, turn, voyage