1. despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession);
- Example: "although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"
- Example: "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"
- Example: "he was a stern yet fair master"
- Example: "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
[syn: however, nevertheless, withal, still, yet, all the same, even so, nonetheless, notwithstanding]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
32 Moby Thesaurus words for "nonetheless": after all, again, albeit, all the same, although, anyhow, anyway, anywise, at all, at all events, at any rate, but, by any means, even, even so, for all that, howbeit, however, in any case, in any event, in any way, irregardless, just the same, nevertheless, nohow, notwithstanding, rather, regardless, still, though, when, yet