Search Result for "negociate":
1. be successful; achieve a goal;
- Example: "She succeeded in persuading us all"
- Example: "I managed to carry the box upstairs"
- Example: "She pulled it off, even though we never thought her capable of it"
- Example: "The pianist negociated the difficult runs"
[syn: pull off, negociate, bring off, carry off, manage]
2. sell or discount;
- Example: "negociate securities"
3. transfer by endorsement to another in return for value received;
- Example: "negociate a bond"
4. succeed in passing through, around, or over;
- Example: "The hiker negociated the high mountain pass"
[syn: negotiate, negociate]
5. confer with another in order to come to terms or reach an agreement;
- Example: "The parties negociated all night"
6. discuss the terms of an arrangement;
- Example: "They negotiated the sale of the house"
[syn: negociate, negotiate, talk terms]