Search Result for "muddiness":
1. the wetness of ground that is covered or soaked with water;
- Example: "the baseball game was canceled because of the wateriness of the outfield"
- Example: "the water's muddiness made it undrinkable"
- Example: "the sloppiness of a rainy November day"
[syn: wateriness, muddiness, sloppiness]
2. a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior;
- Example: "a confusion of impressions"
[syn: confusion, mental confusion, confusedness, muddiness, disarray]
3. the quality of being cloudy;
[syn: cloudiness, murkiness, muddiness]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Muddiness \Mud"di*ness\, n. 1. The condition or quality of being muddy; turbidness; foulness caused by mud, dirt, or sediment; as, the muddiness of a stream. [1913 Webster] 2. Obscurity or confusion, as in treatment of a subject; intellectual dullness. [1913 Webster]