1. aroused to impatience or anger;
- Example: "made an irritated gesture"
- Example: "feeling nettled from the constant teasing"
- Example: "peeved about being left out"
- Example: "felt really pissed at her snootiness"
- Example: "riled no end by his lies"
- Example: "roiled by the delay"
[syn: annoyed, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, pissed, pissed off, riled, roiled, steamed, stung]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
26 Moby Thesaurus words for "miffed": aggravated, angry, annoyed, bothered, browned-off, bugged, burnt-up, chafed, disturbed, exasperated, galled, griped, huffy, irked, irritated, nettled, peeved, piqued, provoked, put-out, resentful, riled, roiled, ruffled, troubled, vexed