Search Result for "meshing":
1. contact by fitting together;
- Example: "the engagement of the clutch"
- Example: "the meshing of gears"
[syn: engagement, mesh, meshing, interlocking]
2. an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals;
[syn: net, network, mesh, meshing, meshwork]
3. the act of interlocking or meshing;
- Example: "an interlocking of arms by the police held the crowd in check"
[syn: mesh, meshing, interlock, interlocking]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Mesh \Mesh\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Meshed; p. pr. & vb. n. Meshing.] To catch in a mesh. --Surrey. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
53 Moby Thesaurus words for "meshing": a propos, ad rem, adapted, alternation, applicable, apposite, appropriate, apropos, apt, becoming, befitting, coaction, complementary distribution, concurrence, cooperation, dovetailing, engagement, felicitous, fit, fitted, fitting, geared, happy, interaction, interchange, intercommunication, intercourse, interlacing, intermeshing, interplay, intertwining, interweaving, interworking, just right, likely, mesh, on the button, opportune, pat, qualified, quid pro quo, relevant, right, seasonable, seesaw, sortable, suitable, suited, suiting, tailored, tit for tat, to the point, to the purpose