Search Result for "manifestly":
1. unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly');
- Example: "the answer is obviously wrong"
- Example: "she was in bed and evidently in great pain"
- Example: "he was manifestly too important to leave off the guest list"
- Example: "it is all patently nonsense"
- Example: "she has apparently been living here for some time"
- Example: "I thought he owned the property, but apparently not"
- Example: "You are plainly wrong"
- Example: "he is plain stubborn"
[syn: obviously, evidently, manifestly, patently, apparently, plainly, plain]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Manifestly \Man"i*fest*ly\, adv. In a manifest manner; obviously; evidently; clearly. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
61 Moby Thesaurus words for "manifestly": absolutely, actually, apparently, assuredly, certainly, clearly, conspicuously, de facto, decidedly, definitely, demonstrably, discernibly, distinctly, evidently, explicitly, expressly, for a certainty, for real, genuinely, glaringly, in actuality, in all conscience, in effect, in fact, in reality, indeed, indisputably, indubitably, markedly, noticeably, observably, obviously, palpably, patently, perceivably, perceptibly, plainly, positively, prominently, pronouncedly, quite, really, recognizably, seeably, sensibly, seriously, staringly, starkly, truly, unambiguously, unconcealedly, undeniably, undisguisedly, undoubtedly, unmistakably, unquestionably, verily, veritably, visibly, with clarity, without doubt