Search Result for "levelheaded":
1. exercising or showing good judgment;
- Example: "healthy scepticism"
- Example: "a healthy fear of rattlesnakes"
- Example: "the healthy attitude of French laws"
- Example: "healthy relations between labor and management"
- Example: "an intelligent solution"
- Example: "a sound approach to the problem"
- Example: "sound advice"
- Example: "no sound explanation for his decision"
[syn: healthy, intelligent, levelheaded, level-headed, sound]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
levelheaded \lev"el*head"ed\ a. exercising or showing good judgment or common sense; sensible. Syn: healthy, intelligent, sound. [WordNet 1.5] -- lev"el*head"ed*ly, adv. -- lev"el*head"ed*ness, n. [PJC]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
20 Moby Thesaurus words for "level-headed": calm, collected, composed, cool, even-tempered, imperturbable, level, poised, reasonable, relaxed, sane, self-possessed, sensible, serene, tranquil, undisturbed, unflappable, unperturbed, unruffled, well-balancedMoby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
38 Moby Thesaurus words for "levelheaded": assured, balanced, calm, collected, commonsense, composed, confident, cool, coolheaded, dispassionate, equable, equanimous, equilibrious, even, even-tempered, logical, philosophical, poised, practical, pragmatic, rational, reasonable, recollected, reposeful, sane, self-assured, self-confident, self-controlled, self-possessed, self-restrained, sensible, serene, sober, sober-minded, sound, together, tranquil, well-balanced