Search Result for "incertain":
1. lacking or indicating lack of confidence or assurance;
- Example: "uncertain of his convictions"
- Example: "unsure of himself and his future"
- Example: "moving with uncertain (or unsure) steps"
- Example: "an uncertain smile"
- Example: "touched the ornaments with uncertain fingers"
[syn: uncertain, unsure, incertain]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Incertain \In*cer"tain\, n. [Pref. in- not + certain: cf. F. incertain, L. incertus. See Certain.] Uncertain; doubtful; unsteady. -- In*cer"tain*ly, adv. [1913 Webster] Very questionable and of uncertain truth. --Sir T. Browne. [1913 Webster]