Search Result for "get_off":
1. leave a vehicle, aircraft, etc.;
2. be relieved of one's duties temporarily;
- Example: "The spy sent the classified information off to Russia"
[syn: send, get off, send off]
4. cause to be acquitted; get off the hook; in a legal case;
- Example: "The lawyer got him off, even though there was no doubt in everybody's mind that he killed his wife"
5. escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action;
- Example: "She gets away with murder!"
- Example: "I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"
[syn: get off, get away, get by, get out, escape]
6. enjoy in a sexual way;
- Example: "He gets off on shoes"
7. alight from (a horse);
[syn: unhorse, dismount, light, get off, get down]
8. get out of quickly;
- Example: "The officer hopped out when he spotted an illegally parked car"
[syn: hop out, get off]
9. send via the postal service;
- Example: "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
[syn: mail, get off]
10. get high, stoned, or drugged;
- Example: "He trips every weekend"
[syn: trip, trip out, turn on, get off]
11. deliver verbally;
- Example: "He got off the best line I've heard in a long time"
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
103 Moby Thesaurus words for "get off": achieve satisfaction, advance, alight, be getting along, be off, blow, break in, bring out, buzz off, climax, climb down, come, come away, commence, cop a plea, cop out, depart, dismount, ejaculate, embark, emit, escape without penalty, exit, gang along, get along, get away, get away with, get by, get down, get going, get in there, get off cheap, get off scot-free, get on, get out, get out of, get squared away, get under way, give forth, go, go along, go at liberty, go away, go forth, go free, go off, go on, go scot free, inaugurate, initiate, issue, issue forth, jump off, kick off, land, launch, leave, light, make a beginning, make a move, march off, mosey, move away, move off, move out, open, outset, outstart, perch, progress, pull out, put forth, put out, quit, reach orgasm, retire, sally, sally forth, sashay, sashay off, send forth, set a course, set forth, set forward, set off, set out, settle, stagger along, start, start off, start out, start up, strike out, take flight, take wing, toddle along, touch down, unhorse, up and go, warm up, win freedom, wing it, withdraw