Search Result for "freshly":
1. very recently;
- Example: "they are newly married"
- Example: "newly raised objections"
- Example: "a newly arranged hairdo"
- Example: "grass new washed by the rain"
- Example: "a freshly cleaned floor"
- Example: "we are fresh out of tomatoes"
[syn: newly, freshly, fresh, new]
2. in an impudent or impertinent manner;
- Example: "a lean, swarthy fellow was peering through the window, grinning impudently"
[syn: impertinently, saucily, pertly, freshly, impudently]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Freshly \Fresh"ly\, adv. In a fresh manner; vigorously; newly, recently; brightly; briskly; coolly; as, freshly gathered; freshly painted; the wind blows freshly. [1913 Webster] Looks he as freshly as he did? --Shak. [1913 Webster]