Search Result for "flack":
1. a slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer;
[syn: flak catcher, flak, flack catcher, flack]
2. intense adverse criticism;
- Example: "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"
- Example: "the government has come under attack"
- Example: "don't give me any flak"
[syn: fire, attack, flak, flack, blast]
3. artillery designed to shoot upward at airplanes;
[syn: antiaircraft, antiaircraft gun, flak, flack, pom-pom, ack-ack, ack-ack gun]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
43 Moby Thesaurus words for "flack": advocacy, advocating, antiaircraft fire, bruiting, buildup, cross fire, curtain fire, direct fire, drumbeating, dry fire, file fire, fire, fire of demolition, firepower, fireworks, firing, flak, ground fire, gunfight, gunfire, gunplay, high-angle fire, horizontal fire, interdiction fire, machine-gun fire, mortar fire, musketry, percussion fire, pistol fire, promoting, promotion, publicization, publicizing, raking fire, rapid fire, ricochet fire, rifle fire, shellfire, shoot-out, shooting, time fire, vertical fire, zone fire