Search Result for "endeavour":
1. a purposeful or industrious undertaking (especially one that requires effort or boldness);
- Example: "he had doubts about the whole enterprise"
[syn: enterprise, endeavor, endeavour]
2. earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something;
- Example: "made an effort to cover all the reading material"
- Example: "wished him luck in his endeavor"
- Example: "she gave it a good try"
[syn: attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try]
1. attempt by employing effort;
- Example: "we endeavor to make our customers happy"
[syn: endeavor, endeavour, strive]