Search Result for "dodgy":
1. of uncertain outcome; especially fraught with risk;
- Example: "an extremely dicey future on a brave new world of liquid nitrogen, tar, and smog"- New Yorker
[syn: chancy, chanceful, dicey, dodgy]
2. marked by skill in deception;
- Example: "cunning men often pass for wise"
- Example: "deep political machinations"
- Example: "a foxy scheme"
- Example: "a slick evasive answer"
- Example: "sly as a fox"
- Example: "tricky Dick"
- Example: "a wily old attorney"
[syn: crafty, cunning, dodgy, foxy, guileful, knavish, slick, sly, tricksy, tricky, wily]
The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (17 December 2009):
dodgy Synonym with flaky. Preferred outside the US [Jargon File]The Jargon File (version 4.4.7, 29 Dec 2003):
dodgy adj. Syn. with flaky. Preferred outside the U.S.