Search Result for "diametrical":
1. related to or along a diameter;
- Example: "the diametral plane"
[syn: diametral, diametric, diametrical]
2. characterized by opposite extremes; completely opposed;
- Example: "in diametric contradiction to his claims"
- Example: "diametrical (or opposite) points of view"
- Example: "opposite meanings"
- Example: "extreme and indefensible polar positions"
[syn: diametric, diametrical, opposite, polar]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Diametric \Di*am"e*tric\, Diametrical \Di*am"e*tric*al\, a. 1. Of or pertaining to a diameter. [1913 Webster] 2. As remote as possible, as if at the opposite end of a diameter; directly adverse. [1913 Webster]