Search Result for "depend_on":
1. be contingent on;
- Example: "The outcomes rides on the results of the election"
- Example: "Your grade will depends on your homework"
[syn: depend on, devolve on, depend upon, ride, turn on, hinge on, hinge upon]
2. put trust in with confidence;
- Example: "she is someone you can really rely on when times get rough"
- Example: "you can rely on his discretion"
[syn: depend on, depend upon, rely on, rely upon]
3. be dependent on, as for support or maintenance;
- Example: "elderly parents often depend on their adult children"
[syn: depend on, rely on]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
61 Moby Thesaurus words for "depend on": accrue from, arise from, bank on, be based on, be contingent on, be dependent on, be due to, be predicated on, bet on, bud from, calculate on, come from, come out of, confide in, count on, deem trustworthy, depend, derive from, descend from, emanate from, emerge from, ensue from, flow from, follow from, gamble on, germinate from, grow from, grow out of, hang, hang on, hinge, hinge on, issue from, lean on, lie on, lie with, originate in, place confidence in, place reliance on, proceed from, reckon on, rely on, rely upon, repose, repose on, rest, rest on, rest with, revolve on, spring from, sprout from, stand on, stem from, swear by, think reliable, trust, trust implicitly, trust in, trust to, turn on, turn upon