1. [syn: curler, hair curler, roller, crimper]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Curler \Curl"er\ (k[^u]rl"[~e]r), n.
1. One who, or that which, curls.
2. A player at the game called curling. --Burns.
3. A small cylindrical object sometimes having a clamping
attachment, around which hair is wound so as to produce
curls; as, she slept all night with a head full of
4. an electrical appliance with a handle and a metal
rod-shaped tip which is heated and around which hair is
wound, to produce curls in the hair; -- called also
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
n 1: a mechanical device consisting of a cylindrical tube around
which the hair is wound to curl it; "a woman with her head
full of curlers is not a pretty sight" [syn: curler,
hair curler, roller, crimper]